gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 05:21:42 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Phoenix Project
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Phoenix Project  (Read 3833 times)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
The Phoenix Project
« on: 15 July 2013, 03:35:19 pm »
Rather than necro the old thread, I thought I'd give an idea where things are going with writing the CoH spiritual successor:

Kickstarter goes live Sept 8. proposed perks http://missingworldsmedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1902 (this link may break as we're migrating to a different set of forums at some point)

Expect to see a load of goodies to be revealed about our progress then.

The plan if the KS is successful is that we will release in stages, character generator some time in 2014 and the full game in late 2015.

We had issues with Cry, in that they had no clue how they were going to run their 3rd party licensing and mucked us about so we switched to the Unreal engine.

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Re: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2013, 10:47:11 pm »
Looks good :)

You'll have to remind us closer to the KS launch
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2013, 10:47:45 am »
It seems Kickstarter told us at the last minute that they wanted some changes to what we wanted to put up on the site, so parts of the video are being re-shot, it looks like this will actuially go live around the 15th if KS approve the changes reasonably quickly.

Current KS perks

Pledge $5 or more - Armchair Hero - We’re thankful for every bit of support. Everyone who sponsors at the minimum level will receive a set of Wallpapers in common desktop resolutions featuring the work of our talented artists. Those who join our support forums will also receive the forum title “Kickstarter.” Estimated delivery: Feb 2014

Pledge $10 or more - Construction Crew - This perk engraves your name ( or proxy ) on the sponsor’s wall in the Atlas Hurricane Memorial Park and confers access in one of the closed beta access waves + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: May 2015

Pledge $25 or more - Bright Lights Big City - Sponsors at this level receive a handsome bundle of perks. First, you’ll get the opportunity to reserve your Global Nickname before the general release. Additionally, you’ll see the following in game rewards: A Kickstarter only badge and title for our founding heroes ( and villains! ), an exclusive costume set that will never be available again, and a prestige travel power + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $50 or more - Home Sweet Home - This includes a full copy of the game via digital download, a month of VIP subscription, and advanced account activation during the release weekend giving you a head start on public play + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $75 or more - Fly Free! - At this level you’ll get an additional two months of VIP access and the Kickstarter exclusive Phoenix Travel Aura + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $125 or more - Dynamic Duo - Twice the fun! The level confers an additional set of Fly Free! rewards for a friend or family member, including all additional rewards from earlier tiers for both accounts + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $250 or more - Mushroom Hunting - Put your mark on the map, literally. Create your own Exploration Badge on the game map. We will work with you on the location and text, within design requirements + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Jun 2015

Pledge $500 or more - All Your Base - One of the base features we’ll be implementing are secret entrances. At this level you’ll be able to use an additional set of doors only available to sponsors of this level plus correspondingly themed base decor + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $750 or more - Limited (100 left of 100) - I Know A Guy - Help name and design a mission NPC in the game with our talented writers and artists + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $1,000 or more - Limited (25 left of 25) - Registered Lethal Weapon - Design yourself a custom single weapon or prop in partnership with our talented artists. It will be exclusively yours in-game for the first year or first four issues after launch, whichever is longer. You have the option of granting access to this to others of your choosing. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $1,500 or more - Limited (25 left of 25) - Double Trouble - Create an additional weapon or prop in partnership with our talented artists. It will be exclusively yours in-game for the first year or four issues (whichever is longer) after launch. You have the option of granting access to this to others of your choosing + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $3,000 or more - Limited (25 left of 25) - Fashionista - Design a custom costume texture to your specifications to be available in the game, exclusively for your characters. Costume components includes gloves, boots, belt, pants, shirt, cape, chest logo, and mask, with the addition of a custom weapon or prop which is exclusively yours in-game. It will be exclusively yours in-game for the first year or four issues (whichever is longer) after launch. You have the option of granting access to this to others of your choosing + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $5,000 or more - Limited (5 left of 5) - Big Dog - Your NPC from “I Know A Guy” is upgraded to the owner of a major social hub within the game (nightclub, training center, store, etc). Additionally, you’ll have the *exclusive* use of the base portal within that business + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

Pledge $10,000 or more - Sanctum Sanctorum - Join us at our launch party at a major convention. We'll get your badge and room and some grub, but you will have to find your own way there. Conventions and date to be determined + All previous rewards. Estimated delivery: Aug 2015

Pledge $10,000 or more - Limited (1 left of 1) - Key to the City - Your character is famous throughout the city. Everyone knows your character. Billboards celebrate or condemn your exploits, regular news broadcasts will include your character. You will get a unique base location within a major city building. Your custom logo will be used on spotlights throughout the city to signal you for special beta-test missions before other people have access. Additionally, the city has erected a statue in your honor, complete with history plaque and exploration badge + All previous rewards except for Sanctum Sanctorum. Estimated delivery: Nov 2015

and add-ons

Physical Items

Lanyard $10
Your typical convention-style swag sporting the Missing Worlds Media logo.

Mouse Pad $15

T-Shirt(s) $25

Wanted! $400
You will receive a 11x17 poster of your character signed by the artist

Digital/In-game Items

Music to Save/Harm Citizens By $10
Advanced access to the game score as pieces are completed by our audio team.

Narcissus $30
Your own, scaled down, pet scale version of yourself.

Kickstarter Edition Phoenix Pet $30
Our thematic mascot, scaled down to pet size with an exclusive Kickstarter theme.

It Must Be a Sign! $50
Your character’s emblem will be projected across the sky in zone as a marker for your missions, replacing the default mission marker.

BFF $50
Name one of the rank and file citizens of Titan City. You’ll design your character using the Secret Identity panel in the Avatar Creator and then see your creation helping breathe life into the city.

Agent $75
Design a character using the Secret Identity panel in the Avatar Creator who will hang out in the Supers’ night club, Titan City Gym, or another social location.

Iconic $150
Work with one of our artists to design an exclusive emblem for your personal use, supergroup or share with friends anywhere that an emblem may be applied. (chest, spotlight, base decorations.)

Immortalized $250
Design a holographic memory character statue with an in game animation cycles in either the Memorial park or City History Museum.

Everything is Better in Plaid $300
Work with our brilliant artists to design a custom costume pattern set that you’ll have the exclusive use of for 1 year or 4 issues - whichever is longer!

Mogul $500
Join the likes of Carnegie, Vanderburg, and Hershey: have one of our glorious skyscraper named after you, and gain the building’s penthouse as a unique living space or super base.

Just a note - some of these prices for the physical items only will rise due to VAT and possibly other local taxes if sent outside the USA.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2013, 05:48:09 pm »
TPP's kickstarter has been approved by KS and will go live 0501 Wednesday UK time. Name of the game now announced as City of Titans.

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7cF0vGjZlk
« Last Edit: 1 October 2013, 12:15:28 am by Monochrome »

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 2 October 2013, 05:42:03 am »

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #5 on: 2 October 2013, 11:56:46 pm »
Wow, 125K/320K in 18 hours

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #6 on: 5 October 2013, 01:26:46 pm »
Just put my cash into the pot, now stands at $242K with a month to go :)
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #7 on: 5 October 2013, 05:23:39 pm »
Just put my cash into the pot, now stands at $242K with a month to go :)

Thanks, lovely article talking to Matt (Positron) Miller.

http://www.fanboysanonymous.com/2013/10/missing-worlds-media-launches-city-of.html#.UlA83RAqOaX

Piglet

• Praefect
« Reply #8 on: 6 October 2013, 10:47:28 am »
Just added my cash, it stands at $267K with 28 days to go :)
"Drat! Dead again!"

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #9 on: 7 October 2013, 01:34:37 am »
Just added my cash, it stands at $267K with 28 days to go :)

Spied yours, missed John's, also discovered my dad who's never played a computer RPG in his life had contributed. Thanks very much, 293.6K as I type and somebody's just gone in for $7.5K, the most expensive perk sold so far.

See how far up the stretch goals we can get with the last minute rush, they have lots more in the wings than they're showing.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #10 on: 7 October 2013, 06:41:32 pm »
Aaaaand we're funded, $328K and counting.

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2013, 06:06:20 pm »
I also pledged.
Would be cool to see each other in game again.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #12 on: 30 October 2013, 12:47:33 am »
Nearly 514K pledged so we're getting up the stretch goals, hoping for the usual rush at the end to get a bit further up. Note they've added some extra add-ons.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #13 on: 4 November 2013, 10:36:36 am »
678K and the KS is closed, not a bad effort.

Forlorn Hope  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Phoenix Project

gfxgfx
gfx gfx