gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 02:35:39 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  Topic: I20
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I20  (Read 1015 times)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
I20
« on: 13 January 2011, 04:36:00 pm »
I'm in the beta, but can't say anything that's not public knowledge about it.

The invite letter was interesting, and since it was sent before I signed the EULA, I can publish it.

Hello,

As you might be aware, we at Paragon Studios™ have been working hard on creating the new “End-game” content for City of Heroes, expanding upon the system you started in Issue 19: Alpha Strike. We would like to extend to you an invitation into the pre-beta for the Incarnate Trials to help us test key elements of this systems and events so we can begin work on iterating on them. This is the second stage of the pre-beta, the first stage having ended before I19 went into its closed beta.

These Incarnate Trials are large-team events that are akin to a Mothership or Hamidon raid. Two of these Trials were tested before the I19 Closed Beta started, and we have some more coming to be tested with this round of Pre-Beta. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that the Incarnate System is centered around staged content releases that are not necessarily tied to Issues. What we’ve tested in the 1st stage of pre-beta will be released with the launch of Issue 20, but the upcoming Trials in the pre-Beta will likely be released over a period of time, up to and through Issue 21 and beyond.

These Incarnate Trials are tricky and coordination within your teams will be required in order to succeed at them. Because of this we want players who have some experience playing with one another to help us balance it. To this end, you are encouraged, but are not required, to get your Supergroup-mates and other players you play with into this test. If you have people you want to join this pre-beta with you, please send a PM with the City of Heroes account and forum account name to Doc Delilah and Skippy Sidekick. You and anyone you invite will be required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements in order to participate in this test. Because of this, it is required that you and anyone you invite be 18 years of age or older. We reserve the right to limit invitees to this 2nd stage of pre-beta.

One final note to manage expectations: You are getting a very early look at some of this content so if may look very different when it finally does make it to the live servers. We are giving you all such an early look so that we have ample time for iteration and improvements to make these some of the best content we have produced, so your feedback is vital to the process.

Sincerely,

Matt “Positron” Miller

Lead Systems Designer

Paragon Studios

Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  Topic: I20

gfxgfx
gfx gfx