gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 03:18:05 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  Topic: I16 announced with details
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I16 announced with details  (Read 2734 times)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
I16 announced with details
« on: 16 July 2009, 08:16:09 pm »
http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/game_updates/issue_16/issue_16_overview.html

Looks quite good, an issue I'm actually vaguely excited about, have wanted some of the proliferations for a while.

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
Re: I16 announced with details
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2009, 09:42:14 pm »

same here. This is one of the big things that champions online is saying 'well city doesn't have this yet'.

hmm... poor ex-states. posi seems to be doing a much better job.

Swifty

• Proconsul
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2009, 04:20:58 pm »

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2009, 11:14:32 pm »
from TenTonHammer interview
http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/71877

Ten Ton Hammer: Is there any new content going into Issue 16?

Matt: Not really. There are some things going into the Mission Architect system to enhance some of the elements we've created for that system. 
 :(

and some stuff about Going Rogue
Ten Ton Hammer: Are you talking about Going Rogue at all?

Matt: When it's done, it's done. There's going to be a pre-order and a closed beta for the game. We're treating it as a full on release. If you pre-order the game, you'll get into the beta guaranteed.  >:(

There will also be a ton of new low level content coming into the game for people that are making new low level characters. We're also working on the "Going Rogue" system, so you can switch sides, and there's going to be brand new level 50 content that is the *hardest* stuff we've ever put into the game.   :)

Ten Ton Hammer: Will the graphics be revamped?

Matt: I can't officially say anything... but I'm not saying no.    :o

Prythos

• Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 3 August 2009, 02:16:39 pm »
Ten Ton Hammer: Will the graphics be revamped?

Matt: I can't officially say anything... but I'm not saying no.    :o

Glad I am upgrading my system in a few months then :)

Swifty

• Proconsul
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2009, 05:11:02 pm »

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/3/feature/3424/page/1

Loads more i16 info. Blaze mastery for scrappers.

Awesomness incarnate!

Swifty

• Proconsul
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2009, 03:02:57 pm »

KK, patching started a few hours ago. Judging by the version numbers i16 is here  ;D

Now, Rad blaster, traps def, arch corr, earth dom, leccy scrapper or BS stalker......

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

KK, patching started a few hours ago. Judging by the version numbers i16 is here  ;D

Now, Rad blaster, traps def, arch corr, earth dom, leccy scrapper or BS stalker......

Given that it's you asking...

All of them  ;)
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

judgejoolz

• Consul
« Reply #8 on: 23 September 2009, 11:05:31 pm »
Question.  Not sure whether the CoH boards have been reconfigured, but the number of posts appear to be considerably fewer than a few months back  Is the game decreasing in popularity?  I know you guys have been devoting more time to WoW of late (me too) and wasn't sure whether to recommence my subscription to CoH as well as retaining WoW.

Incidentally, I have been playing WoW sort of 'undercover' over the past couple of weeks, ever since the guys at Blizzard granted me a replacement 'key' for Burning Crusade.  So to make the most of this awesome goodness I've been experimenting with the Elvish chaps on Horde, and have been playing a Paladin (now lvl 22) and a Mage (only lvl 12, but using her as an 'enchanting whore').  Sort of given my Rogue a wee rest, since levelling isn't quite as enjoyable as the kick-ass abilities of a Paladin  ;D

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #9 on: 23 September 2009, 11:53:33 pm »
Question.  Not sure whether the CoH boards have been reconfigured, but the number of posts appear to be considerably fewer than a few months back  Is the game decreasing in popularity?  I know you guys have been devoting more time to WoW of late (me too) and wasn't sure whether to recommence my subscription to CoH as well as retaining WoW.

Incidentally, I have been playing WoW sort of 'undercover' over the past couple of weeks, ever since the guys at Blizzard granted me a replacement 'key' for Burning Crusade.  So to make the most of this awesome goodness I've been experimenting with the Elvish chaps on Horde, and have been playing a Paladin (now lvl 22) and a Mage (only lvl 12, but using her as an 'enchanting whore').  Sort of given my Rogue a wee rest, since levelling isn't quite as enjoyable as the kick-ass abilities of a Paladin  ;D

I'm not sure whether numbers on CoH are up or down. Some of the recent changes have meant that a lot more ad-hoc task forces seem to be getting done (I randomly did 3 today, only one with my supergroup). Broadly speaking, there is no need to juggle mentors and sidekicks any more, any mix of levels will now work, so getting on teams is easier. I'd suggest recommencing a sub in the relatively near future, as with Going Rogue on the horizon (which is a paid for box), things are about to get very interesting.

fredbobjimmy

« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2009, 01:06:18 pm »
I have just been looking at the additions of the Epic Power Pools sets and i found this:

Physical Perfection  lvl44  Auto: Self, +Regeneration, +Recovery

I think Jim will like that alot having 3 + regeneration & Recovery passives (not that he really needs it) 

Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  Topic: I16 announced with details

gfxgfx
gfx gfx