gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 02:52:09 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Send a message out across the sky...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Send a message out across the sky...  (Read 2820 times)

DanielSF

Send a message out across the sky...
« on: 19 January 2009, 07:48:33 pm »
I'm not normally into reliving my childhood - the rose-tinted glow of old memory beats cold, hard reality everytime. But just once, I may have to make an exception...

http://www.sfxb.co.uk/aboutshow/stftukdvd.html

I've haven't seen this since it was originally on. It looks incredibly dated, but there's so much imagination and energy that was poured into this, I think I'm going to have to splurge regardless.

------
Dan

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Re: Send a message out across the sky...
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2009, 08:45:58 am »
Had it on pre-order since last October :D was meant to be released yesterday  :(

Another one that I remember fondly that's due for release (pushed back to March) is Tripods
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #2 on: 1 February 2009, 06:27:33 pm »
Put back another week :(

Feb 9th now
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

judgejoolz

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: 1 February 2009, 07:35:42 pm »
Bit of a spoiler Naam, but wasn't that the BBC series from the early 80's that ended with the gang arriving at a city, only to find that despite their hard work the place had be nuked anyway?

judgejoolz

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: 1 February 2009, 08:42:05 pm »
Just purchased the series guys  ;D  Well, pre-order anyway.

Also noticed that Amazon are selling the entire series of Firefly for £7.97   :o  That is so worth a purchase since they've discounted it from nearly £40  :o

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #5 on: 1 February 2009, 09:24:56 pm »
Bit of a spoiler Naam, but wasn't that the BBC series from the early 80's that ended with the gang arriving at a city, only to find that despite their hard work the place had be nuked anyway?
Honestly....
Don't remember :(

Although I did notice the "Frequently bought with.." is Mysterious Cities Of Gold  :)

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #6 on: 1 February 2009, 10:02:29 pm »
some day you will find the mysterious cities of gold

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #7 on: 7 February 2009, 05:30:24 pm »
Finally :)

Despatched today, should turn up on Monday

Forlorn Hope  |  General Category  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Send a message out across the sky...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx