gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 02:36:29 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  Announcements  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Rash of Spammers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rash of Spammers  (Read 1958 times)

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Rash of Spammers
« on: 16 November 2008, 02:11:28 am »
We've had recent influx of spammers\spambot accounts (checked through http://www.stopforumspam.com/). All the IPs and Usernames have been banned and validation has been added to the membership sign up

Mistakes do happen though and if you have been banned in error you should be able to PM me and you can always contact another player in-game to ask on your behalf.

Sorry for inconvenience and thanks for your patience

(and yes, I have got a cream for the rash  ;))
« Last Edit: 16 November 2008, 02:21:40 am by Naaman »
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Re: Rash of Spammers
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
Beefed up the registration process and restricted guest access to General <game> boards only.

If you're genuine and are having trouble - my apologies  :( Contact your recruiter in-game with a valid e-mail address and I can make an account for you OR contact me at <my forum name>@forlorn-hope.<look up at your address bar> (e-mail obfuscated for the normal reasons)
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #2 on: 5 January 2009, 12:36:43 am »
No spammer activity since Xmas day :)

Yay  ;D

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2010, 11:51:08 pm »

14 and a bit pages of spamming bastards in a month - Yay! we're popular  ::)

Forlorn Hope  |  Announcements  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Rash of Spammers

gfxgfx
gfx gfx