gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 01:59:36 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  Warhammer: Age of Reckoning  |  Topic: Server moves
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Server moves  (Read 6090 times)

RipRend

• Consul
Server moves
« on: 12 November 2008, 05:51:41 pm »
Server Moves.

I notice Zhufbar is being offered server moves but I cannot get the stupid flash site to load to confirm which one.

I assume we will move so we need to agree when and how does this effect our guild?

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Re: Server moves
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2008, 07:11:31 pm »
Is the move because Zhufbar is high or low pop?
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2008, 10:04:34 pm »
Its a ghost town.
Very low pop

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2008, 12:53:59 am »
Notice Karak-Vlag is on the list as well :(

We know how to pick them

As a purely arbitrary decision I'd say;

Destruction - Karak Izor
Order - Karak Norn

I'm assuming the guilds have to be remade (Oh joy  :P)

If we could get affirmation from everyone so that we can do it in a short space of time (probably a weekend), that way we won't be spread over the servers
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Twylyte

« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2008, 09:02:15 am »
We are on quiet servers it makes BG wait time a pain.
We should look into detail as to where we might go though. I logged on to another server 3 times and never got less than a 15 min log in time. Once it was 30min so I don't want to just arbtrarily chose a server.

The other thing that was on my mind is that is the game growing (like Conan) because if we happen to be ahead of everyone else on our server then we could "rule the school" (film quote) once our server picks up.

In any case Wrath of the Lich King came out for WoW last night. For at least 2 months this will decimate most other OOMs especially Warhammer which is a WoW dirivative. I know the free migration is now. But can we wait? If the problem remains the free migration will occur again.

Mark

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2008, 08:56:47 pm »
We are on quiet servers it makes BG wait time a pain.
We should look into detail as to where we might go though. I logged on to another server 3 times and never got less than a 15 min log in time. Once it was 30min so I don't want to just arbtrarily chose a server.

The other thing that was on my mind is that is the game growing (like Conan) because if we happen to be ahead of everyone else on our server then we could "rule the school" (film quote) once our server picks up.

In any case Wrath of the Lich King came out for WoW last night. For at least 2 months this will decimate most other OOMs especially Warhammer which is a WoW dirivative. I know the free migration is now. But can we wait? If the problem remains the free migration will occur again.

Mark
Had a long chat with another player on Zhufbar. He said several large quilds are migrating next week. The server is apparently not at present a ghost town if you happen to be in the tier 3 areas, but will be after that.

Twylyte

« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2008, 08:54:00 am »
All the WoW players are playing with thier expansion. We won't have an accurate picture for a couple of months.
Mark

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2008, 10:48:03 am »
All the WoW players are playing with thier expansion. We won't have an accurate picture for a couple of months.
Mark
I've played pretty solidly since I installed the game last Monday (lvl 18.5 now). I've seen about 5 other PCs total and one of those was Naam. I'm prepared to believe it's a ghost town.

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2008, 09:53:17 pm »
Server moves are live.

If we want to move the guild then this is the following notes.

Guilds
If you wish to transfer your guild as well then the process is a little more involved. The guild leader is the person who is responsible for making the move. Before you start, you should ensure that your guild vault is empty and that any cash in the guild bank has been withdrawn. The character who is the guild leader should use the command /transferguild ingame before making his own character transfer via the website. You will get a popup to confirm the command. Once you have confirmed the command, your guild will be disbanded, all members will be booted and the guild will cease to exist on your original server.

Once the guild leader has arrived on the destination server then he must start a new guild in the normal way with a full group of players (note: the original guild leader must be the leader of this group). When the new guild is formed it will have the same rank and Renown as the original guild on the old server and all the unlocks that have been earned to that point. You will also be able to choose your heraldry and your guildname again.

Given the previous posts I assume we will all move to Order - Karak Norn and Destruction - Karak Izor.

I'd like to do the move as soon as possible and we need to arrange a time for us all to log on and recreate the guild.

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #9 on: 24 November 2008, 11:10:04 pm »
Sounds good to me :)

Brodski has the Order guild and Mark has the Destruction, could I suggest this Saturday?

(Brod, if you're still having trouble getting on give me a call - we can sort something out)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2008, 10:49:14 am »
Sounds good to me :)

Brodski has the Order guild and Mark has the Destruction, could I suggest this Saturday?

(Brod, if you're still having trouble getting on give me a call - we can sort something out)

I suspect Brod got bumped for inactivity, Chihiro is the leader order side which the char thread says is Mark.

Twylyte

« Reply #11 on: 25 November 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
I thought it was Riprend for the order side?
If Chihiro is guild leader I hadn't noticed.
My preference was that we don't move because the WoW expansion had distorted the numbers. I am happy to move if that is the prevailing opinion however.

Mark

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #12 on: 25 November 2008, 02:11:49 pm »
Whilst I think the WoW expansion has something to do with it I was having problems getting a RvR scenario at least two weeks before Wrath came out (4-5 hour play session with no invites)

Given how heavily the game leans towards RvR I'd rather move the characters across, especially as we don't know how long the offer will hold for.

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #13 on: 25 November 2008, 03:25:12 pm »
Agreed we need to move if we are going to see any action.
Saturday around 2-4 okay?

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2008, 04:16:07 pm »
Agreed we need to move if we are going to see any action.
Saturday around 2-4 okay?
I'm away playing bridge all weekend

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  Warhammer: Age of Reckoning  |  Topic: Server moves

gfxgfx
gfx gfx