gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 04:57:07 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  Warhammer: Age of Reckoning  |  Topic: Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning  (Read 12587 times)

RipRend

• Consul
Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
« on: 19 August 2008, 04:58:35 pm »
Is anyone thinking of playing this?

Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning

if so European or American?

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Re: Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2008, 06:21:54 pm »
I'm a  bit "Meh" about it.
Yet another Fantasy MMO
They butchered the character classes to get the game out on time.
I always preferred 40K meself
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2008, 08:47:33 pm »

been playing for a while. Lot of the good stuff got cut =(

will see

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 20 August 2008, 12:35:57 am »
Aye ditto on this one, I got a lot of friends who play their 40k and cos it's got warhammer written on it they may give it a go. We shall see I guess, based on a few things I saw at games day it looks like a wow rip off though
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2008, 09:54:06 am »
And Wow was Everquest with the fiddly bits chopped off ;)

Any game now that tries to enter the High Fantasy arena is going to be compared to WoW, partially because they took a lot of ideas from previous games and mostly because it's a frickin behemoth that dominates that section of the market.

The Warhammer back story is the one thing that could possibly 'beat' Warcraft, it's had 25 years or so to get it's act together and they've been producing source material for most of that time
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

cmynett

« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2008, 03:35:47 pm »
I'll be doing a fair bit once the immediate painting comps are out of the way this weekend

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2008, 04:05:03 pm »
I'm tempted to join everyone if only for a short while to give it a go.

Further reading suggest that there is very little PVE content, and to get the best stuff, raid equivalent in wow, you will have to PVP. I guess it could be quite good if everyone is doing it. I'll give it a chance to get going then maybe get a trial of something
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Twylyte

« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2008, 08:55:16 am »
I tend to sniff around these new MMOs. I've heard very little about this one save a quick conversation with Swifty.
I think there is tonnes of potential for good stuff here and I might give it a go.
A weekend blitz might be called for.

Speaking of (relatively) new MMOs. Who's playing Conan right now?  I've just started that and it seems to offer a lot of potential.

(Sorry Riprend I should point out this is a Warhammer thread so please take note of his question at the start of this thread)

Mark

Flyagaric

« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2008, 12:46:55 am »
I've been playing WAR quite a bit during the last few days and I'm actually pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect much, having seen AoC fail miserably in my book, but it's above expectations so far. I don't think the end game will be as big and rewarding as in WoW but the levelling up process and the adventure is definately more fun.

Levelling up my first char in WoW was just boring most of the time. "Kill X of that, collect Y of those" etc. There's a lot more going on in WAR and since you get quite a lot of exp for PvP and doing BG's (called scenarios here) you have a lot of alternatives to make it more varied and feel less of a stretch.

Can't comment on class balance/diversity and wether it will still be fun as you reach end game though. But for now I feel it's a nice change of pace. I have a few destruction characters on the Eltharion and Isle of Dreams servers. Both are Open RvR which is the same as PvP servers in WoW. Isle of Dreams seems to have less queues though so that's probably where I will play. You are all very welcome to join me there of course :)
Or, if you prefer a "Core" (PvE) server I could probably be persuaded to go there as well.

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2008, 09:54:22 pm »
I'm liking it so far.
I'm on Burlok - as destruction with some friends (rp server) and Finuval Plain - Order (RvR)
Destruction seems to outnumber order by a good margin.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #10 on: 24 September 2008, 10:43:57 pm »
I'm liking it so far.
I'm on Burlok - as destruction with some friends (rp server) and Finuval Plain - Order (RvR)
Destruction seems to outnumber order by a good margin.

Don't know if you found a good guild for destruction on Burlok, the Eurocore guys seem to have joined this lot, founded by an ex EC member that no longer plays CoH but still frequents the EC forums.

http://www.hexwaaagh.net/forum/

Twylyte

« Reply #11 on: 25 September 2008, 12:03:11 pm »
I read some reviews most say beta crap - lessons learnt - game good.
Evidently there's more emphasis on fun that WoW - less grinding, epic hunting etc....

But one review said "you get to play a squg herder" - so I bought the game.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Mark

Geddon

« Reply #12 on: 25 September 2008, 04:34:18 pm »
Hello chaps,

Long time no see:(
I have just started playing this last night. I finally got to the end of my tether with AoC and funcom.
Good fun at the moment. I thought the cartoony WoW element might put me off but so far so good.
I'm on Karak Izor with some mates.

See ya

Paladinftw

« Reply #13 on: 25 September 2008, 04:56:27 pm »
Looks like an interesting game. Don't suppose someone could give me a run down of it could they please? Never been a big fan of Warhammer but this looks interesting. Also, does this have a monthly subscription to it?

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2008, 03:35:06 pm »
Looks like an interesting game. Don't suppose someone could give me a run down of it could they please? Never been a big fan of Warhammer but this looks interesting. Also, does this have a monthly subscription to it?

Yes it does.

I only played beta, but here's what i remember

For the rundown, think WoW but wih better graphics and more giggles along the way. RvR means much bigger PvP (poss 100's on each side) Questing is straight forward and gear drops from them is tailored to you class (no more getting plate helments for priests. Def has the tongue in cheeck feel of GW (spesh with the orc & gobbo classes)

Oh, and

I WANT MY CHOPPA BACK! (hurry up first big patch)

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  Warhammer: Age of Reckoning  |  Topic: Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning

gfxgfx
gfx gfx