gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 02:52:59 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team  (Read 8588 times)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
Re: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team
« Reply #15 on: 9 April 2008, 02:46:44 pm »
Disco or clowns is fun.

Suspicious pimp/agent looking guy and a team straight out of a blaxploitation movie or ludicrous yellow/pink/green/orange suits.

Zombie carnival or zombie disco can be done at least to some extent.

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #16 on: 9 April 2008, 02:58:39 pm »
And especially for Swiftys' odd Zombie fetish....
(From ICHC)

When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Barney

« Reply #17 on: 9 April 2008, 05:35:04 pm »
Please consider me for the team, i might be new to this stuff but I think I have lots to offer.

just an idea what calling ourselves "The rule of eight"

According to the Lewis and Langmuir model, if an atom had seven electrons in an outer shell, it would tend toward collecting an eighth for maximum stability. One way to do this was to combine with another atom that had one extra electron in its outer shell. The two atoms would "share" an electron, creating a more stable product. The resulting "shared electron bond" tied the atoms together into a molecule.

This doesn't give me any particularly good ideas for outfits, but we could name ourselves after famous Chemists!

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #18 on: 9 April 2008, 06:10:54 pm »
That sounds like edumakation..... We don' like yor sort 'round 'ere

Quick Swifty, Sic 'im!   ;)
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #19 on: 9 April 2008, 06:30:03 pm »
Please consider me for the team, i might be new to this stuff but I think I have lots to offer.

just an idea what calling ourselves "The rule of eight"

According to the Lewis and Langmuir model, if an atom had seven electrons in an outer shell, it would tend toward collecting an eighth for maximum stability. One way to do this was to combine with another atom that had one extra electron in its outer shell. The two atoms would "share" an electron, creating a more stable product. The resulting "shared electron bond" tied the atoms together into a molecule.

This doesn't give me any particularly good ideas for outfits, but we could name ourselves after famous Chemists!

grrr....

grrr....

slobber....

grr....

In all fairness tho. All going science origin is a good idea. Not one I normally use, could help theme the group

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #20 on: 9 April 2008, 10:49:58 pm »
I'd love to join in but I'm in Hellgate London on Tuesdays so unable to make it to the rogue islands.
Also it may be useful to set some rules about attendance? So everyone knows in advance what the score is and you can always be flexible if advance notice is given (not running when on a TF/SF last mission unless all present)
I'd do the gods if I were you guys but you'll have to wait until valentines 09 to all get your togas. ;)

on the MM thing consider restricting them to 3 pets to reduce clutter and buff times. (I don't summon the minions in caves when in a team unless I'm facing a wipe)

Good luck and have fun

Bio Boy

• Centurion
« Reply #21 on: 10 April 2008, 08:42:41 am »
Back to the corporate suit idea for a mo...

I once played around with the idea of a load of grey suited guys call 'the corporation' with a toon based on a middleaged man in a grey suit.

We could create identical toons :) i.e. one person creates the toon and posts the costume build up (including face settings) - I think 8 identical toons running round would be cool :)

BB

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2008, 10:19:59 am »
Back to the corporate suit idea for a mo...

I once played around with the idea of a load of grey suited guys call 'the corporation' with a toon based on a middleaged man in a grey suit.

We could create identical toons :) i.e. one person creates the toon and posts the costume build up (including face settings) - I think 8 identical toons running round would be cool :)

BB

Not quite identical is better, having a means of quickly identifying who's who does help. Either numbers/letters on the chests, different coloured hats or whatever.

The best version I've seen of this was team phantom army.

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2008, 10:35:45 am »
A thought along similar lines..

Wear identical clothes\armour but then alter the colours for AT/Powerset. For example; Largish Shoulderpads are coloured for AT type (think old school Hami costumes) and the secondary colour for the rest of the body shows what powerset (orange -fire, red -SS, dark blue - electric, light blue - energy)

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #24 on: 10 April 2008, 11:14:35 am »
A thought along similar lines..

Wear identical clothes\armour but then alter the colours for AT/Powerset. For example; Largish Shoulderpads are coloured for AT type (think old school Hami costumes) and the secondary colour for the rest of the body shows what powerset (orange -fire, red -SS, dark blue - electric, light blue - energy)
Ok, here’s something a little off the wall, but fits in with the “corporate drone” theme, and allows similarity of costumes with rapid identification.

Combining the evils of corporate management speak, and self help guru quackery this clown Dr Edward deBono came up with his “six thinking hats system”,
http://www.debonothinkingsystems.com/tools/6hats.htm

I once had to suffer through a week long course on this buffoonery, but the government version, which ash been expanded to 7 “thinking hats” with the addition of the “jesters hat” (for the off the wall ideas).

So, we now have Dr deBono and his seven hated goons. Dr deBono could look different from the rest, with the seven other toons all in identical suits, but with different coloured bowler hats, except for the guy wearing the jesters hat.

Toon names (apart from the good doctor) could be corporate buzzword nonsense, (“synergy” perhaps, or “blamestorm”) for inspiration, look here (click refresh for a new bingo card) http://www.betterworkplacenow.com/bingo/

We could even make them zombie corporate drones… ;)

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2008, 12:46:30 pm »
Brod....

That goes beyond evil and villainy into a whole new scary realm  :o

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #26 on: 10 April 2008, 01:31:14 pm »
Brod....

Speaking personally I think that collectivised take up of  my proposal would synergise well with the core values embedded within the corporate ethos, and key values,  of Arachnos as implemented (dynamically) through the Rogue Isles project.

I will take your constructive criticism on board, but I think we should back burner it at this juncture, instead focusing on how empowering the key stakeholders in this process can help to actualise the shared vision of this team.

I think as we peel the onion we'll find, at the end of the day, that the knowledge base potentially unutilised though this interactive forum may produce an optimal merger of diverse concepts, which can ensure maximal end-user buy-in, especially if we all communicate our wants/needs proactively.

Don't you agree?
:p

RipRend

• Consul
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2008, 02:24:49 pm »
That post should have been banned!
 ;D

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #28 on: 10 April 2008, 02:38:22 pm »
Brod....

Speaking personally I think that collectivised take up of  my proposal would synergise well with the core values embedded within the corporate ethos, and key values,  of Arachnos as implemented (dynamically) through the Rogue Isles project.

I will take your constructive criticism on board, but I think we should back burner it at this juncture, instead focusing on how empowering the key stakeholders in this process can help to actualise the shared vision of this team.

I think as we peel the onion we'll find, at the end of the day, that the knowledge base potentially unutilised though this interactive forum may produce an optimal merger of diverse concepts, which can ensure maximal end-user buy-in, especially if we all communicate our wants/needs proactively.

Don't you agree?

On it Naam,

grrr....

grrr....

slobber....

grr....

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #29 on: 10 April 2008, 04:49:15 pm »
Brod....

Don't you agree?

On it Naam,

grrr....

grrr....

slobber....

grr....

Now, now Swifty, I think you need a revisualisation of your supergroup-mate interface performance. Downsizing your aggression to within manageable parameters may help to kick-start this process.

However, the short term priority at this point should be for you to disengage your hands from around my throat, so that we can work towards some kind of win-win solution for all concerned in the long run.

Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team

gfxgfx
gfx gfx