gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 03:28:35 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team  (Read 8590 times)

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team
« on: 8 April 2008, 10:22:30 pm »
Only plan so far is Villian side and Triumph server.

Group theme? AT restrictions? Colours?

Also we have a few new members to the 'Hope so I'd like to give them first refusal for the team.
« Last Edit: 8 April 2008, 10:30:38 pm by Naaman »
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
Re: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team
« Reply #1 on: 8 April 2008, 11:46:09 pm »

I can see the multiple people meaning poss more than 8. What if we had no AT restriction (not hot on doing this again anyway) and that way if we do end up with more than 8 we can just break into smaller teams. With drop out as it is any way we should end up with a single 8 man team.

I like the idea of themes, working off what what discussed during tonight, I like the idea of 'Undead'. Pretty open ended and people can interpret it how they like. Zombies, werewolves, necromancers, witches, vampires, etc. It can be taken seriously if you wish (I know skar likes to spend time on his toons) or just go silly. I have just rolled Lt Col Ray 'kicks' Butt, a AR/Traps Tech Corr. He looks pretty cool and should be fun to play. A theme like this (just my idea, dont mind going with something else) is open ended and means we can look like a team without having to conform to an AT or colour set.

And I am really up for this.

Can you tell?   ;D

Swifty

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #2 on: 9 April 2008, 01:02:17 am »
Will probably roll a villain epic of some description.

Bio Boy

• Centurion
« Reply #3 on: 9 April 2008, 08:21:59 am »
How about the Praetorian Snow White and the seven dwarfs....Naam suggests slicy, dicey and frapper :)

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 9 April 2008, 08:25:13 am »
Even if we're not sticking strictly to a theme I still like a unifying colour scheme, it does look bloody fantastic  8)

And that's Frappe, it's a blender setting :)
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #5 on: 9 April 2008, 09:13:37 am »
ooh, an excuse to return to Coh after being lured by wow?

I'm up for it.

Something in a dominator I think, or perhaps a mastermind...

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #6 on: 9 April 2008, 10:33:56 am »
Thinking about it...

A restriction of MMs (only 1 or 2) would probably be a good idea. It's far to easy to get overwhelmed by pets, especially when Buff time comes around.  Also a good Bind set is essential for congenial team play, if people don't already have a favourite try this set - http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3949032&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#3949032 .

Another idea I like (shamelessly stolen from NTF ;) ) is No Kins - they do make it a bit too easy most of the time.

fredbobjimmy

« Reply #7 on: 9 April 2008, 10:40:10 am »
Colours are easy enough to sort out, all you do is enter sg mode and hey presto! we all match. I think it would be fun to get a good theme going. I feel that dead characters is a bit of the norm red side, so i was thinking, how about Anorexic Barbie and her Kens.

Monochrome

• Proconsul
« Reply #8 on: 9 April 2008, 11:00:26 am »
Colours are easy enough to sort out, all you do is enter sg mode and hey presto! we all match. I think it would be fun to get a good theme going. I feel that dead characters is a bit of the norm red side, so i was thinking, how about Anorexic Barbie and her Kens.
Sadly I suspect Anorexic Barbie (or my preferred Gangbang Barbie) would get generic'd, how about Chav Barbie ?

Snow White and the seven dwarves (or snow dwarf and the seven wights) would be entirely possible.

I don't have a problem with kins, Forlorn hope level much slower than NTF anyway (by comparison last night which I think is fairly typical we did 8 or 9 bubbles for those who were 44, NTF do about 13 in a night with no kin at pretty close to the same level).

I do however have a problem with excessive MMs for a couple of reasons, one of which may not be readily apparent. Jerky movements can cause me motion sickness which is part of why I have issues with storm, I tend to play using follow in combat so big and particularly AoE KB sometimes causes me issues. With a lot of pets, I will move somewhere, the game will realise a second later there was a pet in the way and put me back where I got blocked, causing the same sort of jerky movement and giving me problems. I try to avoid teaming with more than one MM if I can. Also the way the game handles realising it's screwed up and a player and a pet are occupying the same space so it displaces the player and if that takes you through a handrail and off a balcony or off an oranbega bridge so be it frustrates the hell out of me as happened 5 or 6 times on the SF I did last weekend.

Skarlet

• Proconsul
« Reply #9 on: 9 April 2008, 11:46:45 am »
how about Anorexic Barbie and her Kens.

Most of my alts looks like anorexic barbies anyway...
Why do you chase me Mechanical Yeti?! WHY?!

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #10 on: 9 April 2008, 11:49:01 am »
1 MM then, Brod has dibs :)

Kins - Will mull on it, I just dislike how heavily the Kin players gets leaned on.

As for themes;
Rednecks
Corporate Drones
Bots and Borgs
Disco (Flares and Huge Afros are evil in of themselves ;) )
Forgotten Deities - Wiki trawl but can be fun
Dark Clowns  (http://www.trippingtherift.tv )

Any suggestion of Catgirls will be met with the Leader Heavy, pointy stick veto and for information a "Street thug" team on the NTF villian group juts ended up looking like The Village People

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #11 on: 9 April 2008, 12:18:44 pm »
1 MM then, Brod has dibs :)
I'm happy to go with a "no mastermind" rule if people like, some of the dom sets look very fun...

As for themes;
Rednecks
Corporate Drones
Bots and Borgs
Disco (Flares and Huge Afros are evil in of themselves ;) )
Forgotten Deities - Wiki trawl but can be fun
Dark Clowns  (http://www.trippingtherift.tv )

How about zombie disco, dsico's not dead, it's undead. ;)

Forgotten deities could be good too, I feel a trawl of neil Gaimen's back catalogue coming on...

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #12 on: 9 April 2008, 01:14:50 pm »

How about zombie disco, dsico's not dead, it's undead. ;)
Now that is truly evil  ;D

Forgotten deities could be good too, I feel a trawl of neil Gaimen's back catalogue coming on...

Also many Pantheons have their 'bit players' and Z list gods - have a trawl through http://www.pantheon.org/

As another thought, what about a typical 'Bond type' villian and the rest is made up of 'Jumpsuited minions'

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #13 on: 9 April 2008, 01:39:25 pm »
kk to keep it tidy:

People who have shown interest:

Min
Naam
Jimmy
Brod
BB
Swifty
Skar

Suggestion of banned or limited sets/AT's

Max 2 MM
No kin
No Storm
No Thermal (Some peoples systems have trouble with the Graphics)

On themes I suggested Undead as a buzz word. A word that people can interpret how they wish. This could be done with lots of words. Although the idea of a bond villian is cool, it then limits the others in the choice of their costumes. We limited ourselves heavily on the hero team so I suggest a more anarchic feel for the villians. Forgotten Gods is good, There is a massive range and I like the idea of 8 Gods Struggling to regain their power. I also think a celebrity Z list/ Hollywood's darker side could be fun. A team of failed actors, air-head heiress' and disgruntled agents. (Perfect oppertunity for a stalker too  ;D).

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #14 on: 9 April 2008, 01:45:00 pm »
As another thought, what about a typical 'Bond type' villian and the rest is made up of 'Jumpsuited minions'

the trouble with that one is what powers would people have?

Thematically you’re pretty stuck with super strength or weapons based brutes (and stalkers), and AR/ traps corruptors.

Unless you’re all more creative at thinking up biographies than I am.

I do like the idea of forgotten deities, a couple of ideas that spring to mind are Czernobóg probably an Ice/Ice dominator- though he could be a dark corruptor, or for the pun lover in me Psychopomp which frankly could work with any villain, but a mind/psy dom would work quite well.
And for the comic relief Sucellus would work as a drunken plant/thorns dom.

Either that or clowns, a clown super team would rock, we could be “the shadow of carnivals”. ;)

Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Up and Coming.... the next Tuesday night team

gfxgfx
gfx gfx