gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 7 May 2024, 09:52:48 am
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A change is necessary  (Read 9450 times)

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
Re: A change is necessary
« Reply #30 on: 17 July 2008, 04:33:16 pm »
Not picking holes, just gonna clarify where a few people are

Sandmann - Who knows? I haven't talked to Debs as of yet but I hope we can get past what made her leave

Eppo / and most of his alts- Are still in guild but he raids with unnamed

Tord and his band - Same as Eppo

honny -  Is in Guild but does not play as much

Jw - Ditto for honny

Palladinftw - Left to raid, simply becuase we were not

neo- These days,stays in a guilds about as long as you can hold water in your hands!

Groggen-Not seen him on

Fellon - Same as Tord and Henrick

Hairyman - Left to join shadowknights so he can raid

Ropadop - Is back

I would also add aruthas who went with Hairyman, and if we are going to people who should come back I could give you a nice long list, smisk, elior, Drebnor, Minnea, Zephyr etc.

people who are still in the guild.

Zelaza- On holiday/working

Herc- Doesn't play as much

Ice - Ditto though she get's a lot of playtime at lunch!

Magorian- Handsome guy

Maapex- Just restarted playing, is also playing age of conan

Jarlene / Gortak - Horde commitments agonst other things

Skarlet - has never raided with us?

Flyagaric - Dissapeared, no idea

Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Kheldár

« Reply #31 on: 17 July 2008, 08:41:46 pm »
Hi there,

A few points of clarification (if I got it correct :D).

-Henrik and I are still active (only Haegar, Eppo and Cohr in <Unnamed>).
-Predermann/Shamown has recently joined <Teddybears of doom>
-Fellon is very unlikely to rejoin us but he might join a raid occationally (He's rarely playing unless there is a raid schedueled atm).
-Groggen plays Conan and with his old guild that goes back to 1999 on a PvP server.
-Ropadop/Jocker is unlikely to leave <Unnamed> but I'm sure he's positive to raid woth the knights.
-At last but not least Sliceboy (Smisk) might become active again.

I'm up for some raids/heroics/just about anything with either of my characters if I'm not commited elsewhere, and since <Unnamed> is taking Karazhan off the raidschedual I'm likely to go with any character needed to fill a slot (although I'd like to go with any who actually can need anything in there).

Cheers

/Tord
« Last Edit: 17 July 2008, 08:47:11 pm by Kheldár »

Paladinftw

« Reply #32 on: 17 July 2008, 09:50:26 pm »
I here your call for the return, and and going to consider. But I feel that we have to put on a serious raid schedual though. As in, regualr weekly Kara runs with the odd Grull run. I am enjoying my time in Shadowknights but it is not as expected. They are a good guild, but I'm not getting used quite as regularly as hoped.

As for Adz (Neo), he is changing guild a lot but is staying with the same people. He is progressing really well. Progressing through MH at the moment, I think they have downed the first boss or so which is quite good. But back to topic, he won't be returning any time soon, if at all.

Am unsure about Hairyman and Dan, they seem to be enjoying their time in Shadowknights (Yes, out of all the raiding guids ont he server, I managed to end up in the same guild as them :P) and get used qutie frequently.

But yea, I will consider the offer to return and I will also help with the rebuilding if you need it.

- James

Also, I would like to add that I will make PvP days as suggested by Mark in a former post if you would like, being one of the more experienced (not to be big headed or anything) PvPers within the community, I would be up for this challenge. Maybe a bit of open world Horde whoring mixed with a little bit of AV/WSG pre-made would be an idea. ;) But yea, think about it. :)

EDIT: I could also have another crack at attempting one of the older raid instances if you like, won't be Naxx though, it has been removed for mods for WoTLK as me and Adz found out a few weeks ago on one of our farming trips to Strat. We want those horsies damn it!!!! xD Maybe some Blackrock Spire or some Molten Core could be done. Would be great to see Ony's head on a spire in SW aswell. :P Seen it in Org but not SW.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2008, 09:54:22 pm by Paladinftw »

Twylyte

« Reply #33 on: 18 July 2008, 09:12:42 am »
Palladinftw - it would be great to see you on Spinebreaker more James. Your a natural for PVP and we really enjoy your comapny.

Re the guild organisation/re-organisation - I'd also like to add to my suggestion above that people should have deputies so if they are not going to be online for a few days/weeks - somebody else takes over. A deputy guild leader would take tremendous pressure of Mags also. It's not completely fair that he is expected to do everything.

Regarding the leadership - can I point out that, as yet, nobody except Ash has said they want to do it.
Does anybody want any of the roles I have suggested or have an opinion?

Tord - Your a veteren of the guild - would you be interested in being Raid leader or Guild leader for instance.

Mark

brodski

• Proconsul
« Reply #34 on: 18 July 2008, 02:15:11 pm »
Palladinftw - it would be great to see you on Spinebreaker more James. Your a natural for PVP and we really enjoy your comapny.

Re the guild organisation/re-organisation - I'd also like to add to my suggestion above that people should have deputies so if they are not going to be online for a few days/weeks - somebody else takes over. A deputy guild leader would take tremendous pressure of Mags also. It's not completely fair that he is expected to do everything.

Regarding the leadership - can I point out that, as yet, nobody except Ash has said they want to do it.
Does anybody want any of the roles I have suggested or have an opinion?

Tord - Your a veteren of the guild - would you be interested in being Raid leader or Guild leader for instance.

Mark
I didn’t think were looking for a new leader, are we? And I don’t think we need a change in leadership at this point, especially if we’re devolving responsibility for event organisation to various other people (I will not use the word “empower” even though it’s probably fairly meaningful in this context ;) ) lets give Mags our support.

And now my view on The Way Forward ™.

I think we can work with having a number of events organisers, each with their pet projects provided that they are prepared to work together.

For instance I’m happy to carry on running round like an overexcited puppy drumming up people for the heroic tour, at the same time we should have a raid organiser who:
1) knows the people in the guild pretty well
2) Knows the requirements for the various raids

And that rules me out; I just don’t have the experience. I am however willing to do any donkeywork to help the raid organiser out (in game mailings etc)

We also need someone to be the raid leader, but- in keeping with the casual, relaxed and fun nature of the guild (I will not use the word “shambolic” … ;) )
The raid leader does not necessarily have to be the same person for each raid, different people have different commitments and different interests.
IMHO we must have at least one group going for each raid day (Sunday, Monday and Friday as I understand it) whether this is a Heroic Tour group, a raid or even a battleground premade.

A recruitment officer would be an idea, but I think that recruitment should be everyone’s responsibility, also I think we should focus on getting a regular raid/ group schedule going before we go a recruitment binge- which in turn will help recruitment  and retention.

A guild fun guy is a must, and I think that Mark has volunteered himself for this, whether he knows it or not…

Right that’s my piece said for now. So, who wants to organise the first Kara run?
We’ve easily got the numbers for that if we can just organise and motivate attendance.

Oh and remember, next stop on the heroic tour is Shadow labs on Monday, join ussss….

Sandmann

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #35 on: 20 July 2008, 02:20:04 pm »
Meanas will stay on KOM if no one has an objection.

Sandmann is currently in Sparks of The Phoenix and will stay there for now.  Considering some of you are RL mates I though I would benefit from a bit of distance for a while until some of the differences of opinion have been resolved. I have no interest in leading, never have and never will. But I have said before I will always give a hand with organisation, or anything that helps out in general. That will not change. I'll be up for teaming and making up the numbers - if you need me. Given the amount of players willing to give this a go I'm pretty sure it won't be often.

Never trust a Tribble...

Flyagaric

« Reply #36 on: 22 July 2008, 01:13:28 am »
Hey!

Sorry for not being here recently. I've been away most of the summer and have spent the last two weeks in Belgium (which I think I wrote in another thread, or at least told to some ppl in-game). I will be gone the next 3 weeks as well but then I should be back and ready for action (if there is any). I think it's definately time to get stuff together as WotLK is coming soon and it would feel great to have 10-15 active players by then. Though the more the merrier since it will be easier to organise dungeons etc.

I'm not one who'd like to lead a guild as I can't be arsed to log in often enough. But I'm happy to organise and lead stuff (heroics, kara...) if I'm just online and we have enough numbers. Problem is just that my attendance will never be 100% as I have promised myself to always give RL priority. But if we have set dates and times I can generally be there.

It's easy to strangle a guild. Once a few leaves there will be less activity in the guild which means more boredom, which leads to more ppl leaving etc. It's a viscious spiral and all guilds eventually gets caught in it. Getting out of it and clawing your way back to where you were is a lot harder and requires a lot of work. Organising stuff is fruitless if we don't have the numbers. On the other hand, recruiting is difficult if we can't offer organisation. I can't put in the amount of work nessecary to build something atm (since I'm not here) and even after that I don't know. But I'm happy to lend a helping hand whenever I'm online and I'd be thrilled to start raiding again once the summer is over. Even wiping on moroes is a lot more fun than idling in Shattrah!

As for raiding days and times that's up for discussion. It used to be sunday, monday, thursday. I'm personally usually drinking beer friday + saturday so that will always be tricky for me.

Sandmann

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #37 on: 22 July 2008, 01:59:29 pm »
Hey Fly,

Where are you gallivanting off to now and how big is your suitcase? ;D
Never trust a Tribble...

Zephyr

• Proconsul
« Reply #38 on: 30 July 2008, 08:00:24 am »
/yawn

mornin :) bit bleary eyed atm so excuse me (no mags, nothing to do with duncan :P)

not playing at the moment cos lifes managed to get in the way a bit (yes mags, duncan :P)
ill  be back at the end of august, but will not be around every night. i'll try and have at least one night which is predictable, the others more random in the beginming.

NL was a cool move, but my wow life suffered for it!
hope your all doing fine n dandyy, sandman... give kankuro and angelsakura a poke from me (they mainly know reiver) and live about 30 mins away :)

if the surrey lot can poke hodhr and hug cuthbrt for me, would be appreciated.

......and if everyone could slap/bite/insult mags for me.. aah hangon, ill do that one myself :P

have  fun guys

Zeph
Annoy me and i'll slap swifty!

Mapex|ChrisP

« Reply #39 on: 6 April 2009, 04:58:53 pm »
I would like to bump up to this topic during my return to KoM this week i have discussed a option with mags of which i intend to help out n drag some life back to the great KoM once again!

so far today i have made improvements of 3 level 80's to 21. 6 of which are alts given, but this gives us a variety. for one days work im determined to get life back into this guild. the people that have joined are all good personality wise and hopefully we will be 10'ing soon!

as for 25'ing inspections will be done and there is a plan for this and after a meeting tonight i will be presenting the a nice deal hopefully if not i still got some cards up my hand.

so far more members, big cleanout, big cheerup its looking for for Day1 people

i hope that some of the original level 80's would be interested in joining by all means, please do message me in game by /w or post or anyone to get back in :)

enforced a new rule, no alts below level 30 and no more than three alts per main please. thankyou

EDIT: New Vent now for KoM  host: hydrogen.typefrag.com  Port: 11046  PW: kom14
« Last Edit: 6 April 2009, 06:15:55 pm by Mapex|ChrisP »

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary

gfxgfx
gfx gfx