gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 04:56:57 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A change is necessary  (Read 9512 times)

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
Re: A change is necessary
« Reply #15 on: 28 March 2008, 01:52:58 pm »
Well done guys. Sorry i missed it. keep up the good work.

Flyagaric

« Reply #16 on: 29 March 2008, 01:27:19 pm »
Yeah, that was great fun and I'm very glad to feel that some things are happening within the guild.

Kheldár

« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2008, 01:04:58 am »
Yes, I'm still around.

I only left with Haegar and Henrik only left with Eppo, we still hold ranks with 14 toons between the two of us.
 The reason I joined <Unnamed> is because I missed out on a lot of progress and endgame content pre-TBC and would like to expiriance some of it.

The reason why KoM degregated from mid-january was, I think, a series of small events. Some people got swamped at work, another went on vacation, some found it more fun spending time in <Most wanted> and a missunderstanding during raidinvite, all this in a short period of time that stretched out to week and finally where we are now.

This isn't the end of KoM, I remember when I was online "alone" most nights in KoM, the only other member online was a druid raiding BWL or something fun like it (and sometimes a rogue who never grouped :P). That druid and I took over the lead of the guild from an abscent Imlor, who was going to disband it, and then gradually made it work again.

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2008, 02:12:58 pm »
Please see http://forum.forlorn-hope.org/index.php?topic=710.0

about previous posts that were slightly off tangent.

I am also happy to be leader of KOM, however i dont believe leadership is the problem as such.

the problem is we have all these people complaining that KOM doesnt do this and KOM doesnt do that. My answer to YOU is : Do something about it then.

If you are whinging that we do not raid enough and people are not around enough then go and organise, you dont have to be a leader for this, myself, Cosmo, Haegar, Drebnor to name but a few have all had hands in organising as we are not hardcore gamers we do not spend all our lives at a computer so we need more than one person to organise.

When i organised Kara day i emailed, posted, in game mailed and called everybody to make sure people knew about it and that is what is needed is somebody to organise people.

but i am fed up of people constantly complaining, this is a bloody game and you should play it to enjoy it, if you want to go off and raid all the hig end content then either :

help with the organising and recruitment

or goto another guild - which is what people are having todo so they can play the high end content.

I myself am not that fussed as to whether i am raiding, instancing or leveling another character, i just like playing with most of you guys when i get time.

i stay in this guild because i like most of you and enjoy playing not just so i can go raiding.

KOM was never going to be a hardcore raiding guild, we are just a bunch of semi - local gamers i like each others company.

Granted i have no problem if i am needed to raid or whatever, but i am not going to drop my life just to play a game, I would not expect that of any of you.

end rant - you seem to have caught me on a good day :P

ash / Herc

Sandmann

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2008, 02:18:44 pm »
Nice to see your moods improved then Herc. You opinions quite clear on the rest of us.
Never trust a Tribble...

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #20 on: 14 July 2008, 05:09:38 pm »
Well since you are all waiting for me to comment, I guess I should. I feel Herc made some truly enlightening points for some guildies both old and new if the encounter problems, some feel a need to talk and throw around ideas, some expect other to do all the hard work and leave to make things easier for themselves, and some actually get up and do stuff, i'm very much in the first category and I know very well (having been in the position i'm in for a long time) that ultimately Guild leader or not I cannot do a thing about other players.

I can tell you for certain that all great guilds out there have a loyal harcore group which keeps them together, not 1 person, but a bunch of regulars who make the guild a nice place to play and be in and that's what keeps people, interaction with others, seeing lots of people having fun. To demonstrate quite how this has gone for us I think i'll list the regular KoM base we had when we started raiding

Drebnor
Herc
Fellon
Honny
Nightingale
Keyana
Zel
Minnea
Smisk
Myself

This has changed and we;ve had some good additions but look at that regular base of solid players! All of them (Zel is away on holiday and thus excluded) have found more important things to do elsewhere, which I don't hold against any of them despite rants this is a game and I feel it should be played to be enjoyed but I think we lost a lot of core players all at once.

Cause does not cover consequences, I say with wrath coming up, we try to keep who we have and build up 10 players ready for it, i've been talking with a few guilds (even me the self proclaimed lazy guild leader has chatted with about 7 different guilds!) to discuss some sort of joint raiding pre Wrath.

All in all i'm doing what I can to keep those we have, if the general consesus feel I don't put enough in to it, i'll step down, happily, lets have someone else give it a go, but it doesn't solve the problem
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Twylyte

« Reply #21 on: 15 July 2008, 03:59:18 pm »
Just a plea ..

If we do have any conversations about these apparently imotive subjects can we keep it polite.
Without being too obtuse and pointing out e-mails I have noticed that some of the inserts into conversations recently have been slightly more aggressive than what we're used to.
I've just had a conversation with somebody else who shares my view that some people are crossing the line here. If you are angry, please calm down before you post.

Mark

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #22 on: 15 July 2008, 04:26:29 pm »
Im sorry i dont see anything "un polite" here.

just expressing an opinion.

Sandmann i know you and others to participate in organising etc and i dont think i have ever heard you complain and not do anything about it.

my rant was just aimed at the people who like complaining and not do anything but leave or bring moral down.
no offense was intended hell i actually like you guys.

sorry i used the word "hell" is that not polite :P ----- please note that this was a joke and not to be taken seriously :D

I can see windguard is taking a great active role etc.

so as my final note, for anyone i have offended and upset please raise your hand and i will send you a personalised apology ( which i am sure Ice can tell you im not very good at either but its the thought that counts right)

my intent was not to offend but to share how i am feeling as i believe we are a sharing caring guild and like talking to each other.

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #23 on: 15 July 2008, 04:33:42 pm »
Nice to see your moods improved then Herc. You opinions quite clear on the rest of us.

i dont understand, i thought i had wrote i like playing with you guys. or are you saying my opinions on the rest of you is i like you?

i suggest we wait until the guild meet on the 26th to discuss such things over beer. beer is always good :D

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #24 on: 15 July 2008, 06:01:50 pm »

i dont understand, i thought i had wrote i like playing with you guys. or are you saying my opinions on the rest of you is i like you?

i suggest we wait until the guild meet on the 26th to discuss such things over beer. beer is always good :D

As long as you don't drink enough to hit that maudlin streak  ;D
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #25 on: 15 July 2008, 06:30:26 pm »
I will have you know, i drink very responsibly these days, now that im going to be a father, and ice tells me too :P

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #26 on: 17 July 2008, 03:31:42 pm »
ok here is my positive post.

Can the following people please come back to KoM

Sandmann
Eppo / and most of his alts
Tord and his band
honny - if not already
Jw - if not already
Palladinftw
neo
Groggen
Fellon
Hairyman ( cant remember if he is still with us )
Ropadop ( if not already )

ok now add the following people who are still in the guild.

Zelaza
Herc
Ice
Magorian
Maapex
Jarlene / Gortak
Brodski / Windguard
Skarlet
Flyagaric
Cosmokid
Paul
Avalyana

not sure if prederman is still with us.

now stop me if im wrong thats is 23 fairly regular players.
that should be at least 2 karazan teams or a gruul run with pugs or recruitment.

we can make this work, we just need some input from people, now i understand we cant make every raid day etc, but i think we need to start the raid diaries etc.

now i dont want any whinging about how we are organising etc, what i would prefer is for you to suggest a better way and try and make it work.

at the very least we should be getting a kara team and a heroic team going and cycle through who gets to do what.

lets all get back to they way we were having fun and doing whatever is available to us with the numbers we have.

thanks

Ash

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #27 on: 17 July 2008, 03:54:45 pm »
Now to prevent any backlash i may get for not remembering people etc, i dont have a list of guildies infront of me. Just because they are not on the list does not mean that they are not to be included.

Spread the word cause a fuss.

Arise Knights of Mercia - Make this guild your own if you want to do end game content then join your fellow guildies and we will all help where we can with no prejudice or selfish feelings such as " i have already been there a thousand times i hava all the gear i want from there"

WE are all brothers and sisters lets help each other and all be merry

Twylyte

« Reply #28 on: 17 July 2008, 04:07:32 pm »
Ash
This is how you organise this guild.

The Guild Leader - deals with difficult players, conflicts, manages the bank and promotions. They also have the final say in general stuff.

The raid organiser arranges the raids - For Kara  7 players are from the regular pot 2 from the newbie pot. With a bit of flex for getting the right mix. Everybody supplies either a mobile number to text or an e-mail or a face book account.  The raid organiser. Who woorks closely with the Raid leader. They contact people outside of the game a gather support. We do not use GEM or in-game mechanics or this forum. This is likley to be one of our more social players like Marcus or Jon.  

The raid leader leads the actual raid(s) and is responsible for tactics. This person is likely to come from our most experienced players. Mags/Tord/Henrik etc. They also nudge pkayers on how to iimprove and help newbies.

Guild recruiter - somebody who trys to recruit. Especially to try and recruit from people who have left. We invite them as PUGS on our raids for example. This should be a player who has been araound a while and it should rotate 3 monthly amongst players.

Guild fun guy - who organises unusual events such as Naxramus, farming days, PVP days etc and there should be 1 a month

There should be Kara weeks and weekends once every 6 weeks. Where we blitz and just rotate players to keep going.

We build a database of characters and skills and encourage sharing amongst players especially to level and use skills.

We should have 50's and 60's nights for lower level instancing but you get to 50 using your own networks.

I hope this is useful.

Mark

Take contact details

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2008, 04:22:53 pm »
anyone disagree with that?

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary

gfxgfx
gfx gfx