gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 04:57:27 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A change is necessary  (Read 9513 times)

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
A change is necessary
« on: 23 March 2008, 09:41:10 pm »
Ok I post a lot of crap here, and most of it gets ignored which is not normally a problem but in this case I want everyone to read this who is part of KoM of cares about it's future.

As i'm sure you have noticed of late, our numbers are down....way down in fact so much so that we are struggling to do 5 man groups, let alone raiding and so it becomes my task as guild leader to do something about it. I don't want anyone to worry we will not be closing KoM and all are still welcome regardless of previous games/criminal records but we're looking for a change to keep things moving forward.

Now there are a few choices open to us which I'd like everyone to have a think about and let me know here, my decision will be based on what everyone wants to do. So the two big choices are to either

A, Go spaz like with getting in new people, which we've tried before and we mostly got PVP PuG's and such like with a few exceptions :D

B,(My favourite) Either create or join a new guild in which we will raid with our high level/main characters and have KoM used as a levelling/alt/casual player base. Doing this will allow us to (if we can find the guilds) increase our numbers quite dramatically

C, Something i've not thought of

Let me know what you think, we'll do what we can to keep everyone happy
   Thanks once again guys
     Mags
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Zephyr

• Proconsul
Re: A change is necessary
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2008, 09:52:42 pm »
Hmm, speaking from experience, random recruiting leads to a lot of idiots.... for example, thats how we ended up with mags :P

The second idea is reasonable and feasible I think, it will give immediate prevention to loosing the good, decent players (and Mags) to a soulless raid guild, and will enable progression for those who wish it.

I can't give the time for raiding atm, most of you know my current situation, so until i can, i will remain in Knights and help any newbies, and mags :P

better that than everyone moving their own path, and loosing touch. The Knights can also be a good screening board for new candidates for the raid guild, theres 70 levels to find out what theyre like ;)

Unfortunately theres already a guild on Shadowsong called The Forlorn Hope tho.

So I propose ' we beat mags with something heavy'

:P
Annoy me and i'll slap swifty!

Swifty

• Proconsul
  • Pikachu has had enough of n00bs
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2008, 10:15:56 pm »

you may find that forlorn hope on SS is run by one of our lot (normally skar does that)

Zephyr

• Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2008, 12:34:09 pm »
Got a mate in there, apparently not :/

Where you been hiding? you soft southern knuckleshuffler? :P

Anyway, apologies for hijacking the thread :P

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 24 March 2008, 12:45:25 pm »
Yeh well on a related note to this, we're gonna be having a group event with another guild for kara on Thursday, this is mainly to see if we can get on with this other guild and what kind of people they are and from that, decide where to go next. They arevery similar to us in terms of how their guild is run so it'll be basically a KoM run with new peeps :D

Anyone interested needs to mail me in game before wednesday evening, we'll be starting at 20.00 server time (ludicrously early I know :D). As I said this is no concrete plan, we're just trying things out

BTW i'm liking the name we beat mags with something heavy :D, it appeals to my ego to have my name in the guild title :P

Flyagaric

« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2008, 09:49:29 pm »
Well I'm all for some inter-guild raiding. I've only had pretty abysmal experiences when it comes to guild recruiting. Most people are immature and undergeared pvpers. There's certainly nice people out there looking for guilds but remember that we're fighting for their interest together with guilds that can offer KZ/ZA/25-man raiding. Except for a good laugh, we don't have much to offer atm. Finding nice people that are willing to do long-term investments for the guild is probably not going to be easy.

I'll be here on thursday.

Twylyte

« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2008, 10:29:31 am »
A change is necessary I agree.

But before we go down the radical solution route I just want to understand what's being proposed here.
I think we are likley to agree that "going spaz", as Mags puts it, is the wrong option. However it is also clear that the way we have been doing it in the past has not completely worked. (Although I would argue that it has mostly worked).

First off can we not get into a discussion about the name of any new guild. Sorry to be abrubt about it but, at the moment, that's a distraction.
Let's keep this thread to the main theme of what to do with KOM.

So Mags you are suggesting we either make a smaller "Hard core" guild which brings together the heavy weights of the old and new world. Or we join a more successful guild and raid with them.

My first question is this - which officers are left? We used to have 10 that shaped the future of the guild. Where are the desision makers are they still here? If so, we should have a Team Speak conversation about this.

Mark

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2008, 01:03:42 pm »
Im Still here :D - But only on the forums atm.

My game account has expired :( and i dont have time at the moment to re activate it let alone play!!!

I'm sure i will be back at some point probably towards the end of the year, for those who dont know i am expecting a baby Herc pretty soon so i have lots of re decorating todo and gold gathering too.

But i would like to see KoM still here when i start playing again.

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
Ok gimme a sec i'll import the list

Warriors-Drebnor
Mages- Keyana/Minnea
Rogues-Zelaza
Warlocks- Fellon
Hunter- Jarlene
Priests- Night
Paladins- Haegar/Hercule
Druids- Evil Bob
Shammies- None

Now of that list, really it's only me and zel who play regularly enough to raid based on the last few weeks performances.

We shall see how things go on thursday, I hope that we can kep our guilds seperate and get together for raids but we would still need more people, since the more people you have available, the larger say you will have in what is done.

There was also a third option which I only thought of last night. I can step down as leader of KoM and we get someone new in, maybe over the years my enthusiasm for recruitment etc has gone and having someone new in could breathe some life back in to what we are doing. I don't see myself above anyone and i'm willing to do anything anything to help the guild.

I just don't want people leaving on us, which although it's not my fault doesn't not mean that I can't take responsibility for it happening, more backup/regular players got at the right time may of helped us.

Well thats my head on the chopping block too :D

Sandmann

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2008, 02:46:57 pm »

Count me in for Thursday. To be honest I have been about, but probably like many others I log on, see who's about, realise its only me and log off, or level a lower character.

Recruiting may help, but we need to be a bit less "diplomatic" when it comes to kicking people out who don't make it and it needs more structure than it has had at points in the past. If someones an idiot, kick them, they can drive people away if they hang around too long.

If all the active members join another guild then you're in danger of KOM basically being an alt guild (someone had to say it). Forming a second guild is feasible, but you still need to recruit to get up to raiding numbers from where you are now- so you have to address the same recruitment problems.

Anyone asked those that jumped ship why they did, was it all just about numbers?

Never trust a Tribble...

Twylyte

« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2008, 03:13:15 pm »
The important thing is, we decide who is going to make the desision then we make it.
At the moment I see myself, Ash, Zel and yourself Mags who I know of.
Being one of the culprits who spends only a little time in KOM now I don't know who else it might be.

Are Tord and Henrik still in the group?  I don't know if Marcus is an Officer but I do see him a lot.

Mark

Zephyr

• Proconsul
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2008, 01:15:56 am »
I dont think you stepping down as leader would make a difference tbh, when forming KoM, it was all about casualness, and yes, i do remember, i was part of it, step down if you wish, and some other could take over, but there are few left who remember KoM back then, and how it was, so I would be concerned about it to a degree.

Given that you liked the new guild name, i think now i prefer 'zel is fine, and doesnt smell bad like the fatass druid' :P

Sandmann

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2008, 02:22:07 pm »
I don't think the solution is you stepping down mags, If you promise not to blame me if they're cretins I can have a go at recruiting: "fun loving guild wlt meet more players for Kara, Gruul and maybe more - must like cake and beer...and short people...and abusing our beloved guild leader..."

I could have fun with this!

Never trust a Tribble...

Twylyte

« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2008, 03:48:17 pm »
I had already given my view to Ben on whether he should step down on facebook. I am happy to see that others feel the same as I do that there is no pressure on him to do so.  In fact I would go so far as to say I think that would be a backward step.

I have given this some thought now and I think we should give serious thought to how to manage this going forward. I agree with Ben (Mags) that KOM should think about splitting. I think we have found with Most Wanted that a few committed players can acheive a whole lot more than a larger bunch of people with less interest in each other. 

This is only my view but I would be more committed to Kara runs if I knew I was running it with the same bunch of players every time. Especially if that group has played together for a long time. I think that group would be more committed and, like Most Wanted, I think it would be more fun.
If we needed more people - getting PUGs has never been a problem.

A fresh start would totally energise the players and sharing is far higher (and more rewarding) amongst fewer players. 
What do people think?

(PS I am assuming that anyone who participates on this forum gets a tickets to wherever we go!)

Mark

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #14 on: 28 March 2008, 01:48:50 pm »
A big thanks to all who came out on our trip to Kara last night, we were able to run 2 groups with a  (Kinda :D) mix of KoM and hysteria in both i.e. Sand in on group and the rest of us in the other.

It went really well for those who care, Attumen, Moroes, Maiden (Without a single pally I might add), Opera(Big Bad Wolf), Curator and wait for it.....NIGHTBANE :D thats right we killed the last boss since we didn't have time to get through to the shade. Very happy with the performance raid wise, so i'm hoping this will stay like this for a while before they make a decision. But yeah big thanks for turning up, makes a world of difference for me

cheers

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: A change is necessary

gfxgfx
gfx gfx