gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 04:56:52 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: Everything you need to know about KoM
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Everything you need to know about KoM  (Read 2011 times)

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
Everything you need to know about KoM
« on: 29 August 2006, 05:49:14 pm »
Passed to me from Magorian to post as a sticky

Greetings and salutations my fellow guildies, if this is your first time welcome to the Knight of Mercia (hereby referred to as KoM)if not welcome back.
   I've decided to make this post after continually being asked the same questions about the guild, so check here first if your not sure on things.

Rules
1. Obvious but no ninjaing or just generally being an ass with other KoM members doing this will get you kicked out.

2. No spamming the guild channel, interesting as your night was last night there are some of us who don't want to hear about it, keep it simple and try and keep it to point Cheesy

3. Most of all have some fun. This is not, for the time being at least, well oiled serious guild and so try to have fun.

Trade Skills and Crafting
Ok then guys this one is important so pay attention, you cannot charge a guildie for crafting items PROVIDED that they provide you with the mats. Obviously for some recipes which have large cooldowns it may not be possible for a while and this should be taken in to account when asking.

Promotion
Ok here is the list of promotions and how you obtain them
1.Trial member - Complete newbie to the guild will have to prove themselves a team player and sign up to the forums, buy a guild tabard (for the higher levels) and to not overly annoy any other members, after 2 weeks of so should automatically be promoted to:
2.Squire - novice rank within the guild
3. Knight- Errant - Go instancing with a KoM group 3 times (a KoM group is any group where at least 2 knights are present)
4. Knight- Get 3 positive referrals from other Knights within the guild
5. Knight Captain -
6. Class Leaders - The best of the best for each class.
5. Guild Master- Exceptional contributions towards KoM

Bank Char

The guild now has a bank charactor, he's caleld "Byrak". He has 225 tailoring and enchanting and we need donations so please start sending stuff to him. The bank char will be used to store things found in guild raids which others may have a use who are not currently in the raid.
  They can be taken by any member as long as no one else wants them. If there is a conflict, to begin with we'll roll for the items though a new system will be put in place once we start getting good stuff
   The role of the bank is to be able to afford essential guild based equipment such as nature res gear for the tanks in ZG etc etc

Guild Bank Link - http://wow.forlorn-hope.org/guildbank/bank.html

Guild Bank: As of patch 2.3, a guild bank has been introduced to the guild. We currently have 3 tabs which can be accessed, however, your level of access will depend on your guild rank so don't worry if you can't see or interact with them all, it's purely rank based.  The tabs currently go as follows:

Tab 1: General Access, anyone who is not a trial member can get at this please remove and store things responsibly since if everyone only takes we'll have nothing left, also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take stuff out of the guild bank to sell, that is not the point of this bank and if I find out you've been doing it you will be demoted/removed from guild.

Tab 2: Officer Access, only the higher levels who've proven themselves to be trustworthy (and Zeph Cheesy) can access this one and it contains stuff which is only useful to high end levelers which if you've been in guild for a while should coincide with you hitting a higher rank within the guild.

Tab 3: Raid consumables, does as it says we store consumables for raids in here to be used mainly for raids but as long as people are sensible about what they take then again it can be taken whenever as long as we keep enough stuff in there for raiding.

With all tabs, I only ask that you use them as you would you own bank and don't go just removing things, ideally you should put something in of equal value back when you take something out (be it items or gold) since no one should be making money out  of the bank.

Thats all I can think of for now folks anything I have left out please let me know
   Cheers
      Mags
« Last Edit: 10 January 2008, 08:48:37 am by Hercule »
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
Re: Everything you need to know about KoM
« Reply #1 on: 10 September 2007, 11:38:12 am »
Raiding Rules
Raids are set to be on a Monday, Thursday and Sunday and they run from 20.45 till 0.15 so please be prompt when arriving for the raid and make sure you have enough free time to stay for the whole raid (or let someone know in advance you will have to leave early)

Class Requirements
 In order to ensure that everyone who is coming raiding is serious about doing so and is sufficiently geared so that the guild can move forward, we have decided to introduce class requirements for each class, all of the requirements can be easily achieved from obtaining blue or equivalent from normal instances all over outland.NOTE these are unbuffed. Here they are:

DRUID

* Balance
    7,000 health
    8,500 mana
    550 +spell damage
    6% +hit
    15% +crit

* Feral (bear)
    415 defense and Survival of the Fittest talent
    20,000 armor
    12,000 health
    20% dodge
    1,000 attack power
    20% crit chance

* Feral (cat)
    2,000 attack power
    23% crit chance
    6,500 health

* Restoration
    900 +healing
    90 mp5 while casting
    6,000 health
    7,500 mana

HUNTER

6,000 health
    200 intellect
    1,575 attack power (1,425 for Beast Mastery, 1,500 for Survival)
    5% +hit
    18% crit chance (23% for survival)
    500 agility (only applicable for survival)

MAGE

6,000 health
    8,500 mana
    550 +damage
    6% +hit
    15% +crit

PALADIN

* Tank
    10500 armor
    10000 health
    5500 mana
    200 +spelldamage
    490 defence

* Healing 6,500 health
     9000 armor
     8000 mana
     1000 +heal
     160 Mp5
     7000 health

PRIEST

* Healing
    1,250 +healing
    100 mp5 while casting
    5,000 health
    7,500 mana

* Shadow
    6,000 health
    7,500 mana
    600 +damage
    6% +hit

ROGUE

7,000 health
    1,400 attack power
    150 hit rating
    20% crit chance
    Pair of 71 DPS weapons

SHAMAN

* Elemental
    7,500 health
    8,500 mana
    550 +damage
    250 +crit rating

* Enhancement
    8,000 health
    7,000 mana
    1,100 attack power
    100 hit rating
    25% crit chance

* Restoration
    7,500 health
    9,500 mana
    1,100 +healing
    120 mp5 while casting

WARLOCK

675 +damage
    ~3% +hit
    ~10% +crit
    450 stamina
    350 intellect

WARRIOR

* Protection
    490 defense
    11,000 health
    11,000 armor
    Must have improved shieldblock talent

* Fury
    9,000 health
    1,300 attack power
    10% +hit
    23% crit chance

* Arms
    9,000 health
    1,400 attack power
    3% +hit
    27% crit chance

All of these figures are to be used as a guideline, if you are slightly under these, please talk with your class leader and  an arrangement may be made (since epics will obviously improve your stats)

Class Leaders
Just to clarify who it is you should be talking to regarding anything in your class
Warrior-   Dreb
Warlock-  Fellon
Rogue-     Zel
Hunter-    Jarlene
Priest-     Nightingale
Paladin-   Haegar
Mage-      Keyana
Druid-      Mags
Shammy- TBC

Mods- Another requirement for raiding with us is that you use the following mods, they must be both installed and turned on or you will be removed from the raid group

CT Raid
KTM threat meter
Deadly boss mods

Preparation and Raid set up
On a raid night, the raid and class leaders will gather before the raid and discuss who will be coming to the raid, this will be based on upcoming boss fights and the best classes for the job, yet again the choice is final so please do not argue with it! Once the raid composition has been decided, thew class leaders will speak to all raiding members of their class and decide on who will go and who will be rotated, this decision is completely up to the class leader.

In terms of pre-raid consumables, I would expect everyone (with the possible exception of feral druids) to have 10 super health and (where applicable) super mana potions before the raid begins along with 20 bandages for the non healing classes (yet again precautionary in case all healers are dead). In terms of food and buff potions, it is preferable for you to bring your own, though these can be supplied by the raid (just make sure you are fair with what you take and that you give back to the bank in some way).

Raid Etiquette
Here at KoM, we try not to discriminate against people, regardless of age or playing ability but if you are annoying the whole raid by contantly chatting or possibly pulling things instead of the tank, or continuously out-aggroing the tanks, then it will be up to the raid leader to deal with you. This may involve a simple telling off or it may be more severe (leaving the raid, banned from raiding for some time etc.) so please please PLEASE, behave in raids and play you character the best you can (without aggroing :D)

Loot
As a raiding guild, we do not use any system of DKP, we simply decided the loot between ourselves. I want to make it clear that the raid leader has the final say in who gets the loot so if there are arguments then they will be dealt with accordingly

Non raid night raiding
On the rare occasion that KoM has enough people to raid on a non raiding day then it will do so if enough people are up for it, but on the one condition that they do not try to kill any bosses which have not already been taken down on a raid night. This is to avoid people who pour their heart and soul in to the guild missing out on a KoM first kill.

This took me a while herc, scutter it up for me if you please :D
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Hercule

• Proconsul
  • You are JUDGED!!!
« Reply #2 on: 9 January 2008, 02:09:58 pm »
Mags Can you include new Banking regulations please

Magorian

• WoW Officer
  • Proconsul
« Reply #3 on: 9 January 2008, 05:55:00 pm »
Gotcha will look at this and update

EDIT: Naam owns the post that needs editing I will send him a PM or poke monster to update this thread
Mags doesn't do signatures but if he did they would be the best in the world

Naaman

• Global Moderator
  • Proconsul
« Reply #4 on: 9 January 2008, 10:39:30 pm »
Gotcha will look at this and update

EDIT: Naam owns the post that needs editing I will send him a PM or poke monster to update this thread

Done and your spellings got better as well  ;D
When eyeing a large and dangerous mob...
...A Tanker says, "Stay here while I distract them with my rock hard (granite) body."
...A Brute says, "Stay here while I let them kill me so I can kill them faster!"
...A Scrapper says, "Stay here while I.....ya know what, screw it---CHARGE!11!!1!!11!!1!!

Forlorn Hope  |  The Attic  |  General World of Warcraft Discussion (Moderators: JohnO, icemaiden, Hercule)  |  Topic: Everything you need to know about KoM

gfxgfx
gfx gfx