gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 03:17:00 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Guide to lord recluse SF
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Guide to lord recluse SF  (Read 1465 times)

Monochrome

• Proconsul
Guide to lord recluse SF
« on: 7 July 2006, 03:24:14 pm »
I had a go at this with Lucifer's Lieutenant, and thought I'd post a guide to what you face. We got to the last mission but couldn't complete it, although now knowing a bit more I think it is doable although may require a mild exploit.

A note on levels of foes, plebs are 49 + difficulty mod, when we did it the vindicators in mish 4 were 53 and freedom phalanx in mish 5 were 54 initially, 52 after reset, can't remember about missions 2 and 3, think Crimson was 50.

It makes this a lot easier to have a 45 or 46 to LK. The mild exploit I referred to earlier is as follows. We spawned the last mission with the heroes at 54 (leader was 50), and had no chance against them, so we all logged. The 46 (who was on top diff) logged back in first and went into the mission to spawn the FP then the rest of us logged back in. The heroes were 52. Suspect you can get them down to 50 by this method with a 45 or 46 on heroic. This will make a huge difference. We showed signs of being able to deal with the 52s, but couldn't do it, then the 46 had to quit and so we couldn't take them down to 50 as we had nobody else below 48.

I'm told it helps a hell of a lot with the last mish to do a bit of PvP zone prework and for the whole team to acquire shivan pets and Warburg nukes.

You need to go into this with a mindset that you will acquire debt, but you'll burn it off in no time. I'm told there is a huge bonus for completing the SF. I was pretty much debt free for the whole escapade till the last mission. I died twice before that, but the XP for the hero that killed me more or less cleared the debt instantly.

Although you can't buy insps from contacts, the arena in St Martial (in the pyramid, just inside the north door) will sell them to you.

Mission 1: Assault longbow base

v Longbow, many ballistas, final encounter is Crimson + 4 ballistas, you have to plant 5 bombs which are spread between the lab and the 2 radar towers.

Mission 2: Assault Malta base

v Malta, major opponents Kronos Titan (badge) and The Slinger who is an AV bots MM (not together). There is a temp item you need for the 4th mission, and Slinger calls in some huge bots ambushes so it is worth clicking the safe just as Slinger goes down so you can exit immediately.

Mission 3: Defeat future freedom phalanx

v longbow, major opponents Manticore, Numina, Back alley brawler, Sister Psyche. The 4 are together around the burnt out ruins of city hall in atlas. If you pull carefully, you can get them separately. We fought them on top of the globe to avoid random mobs. You need to kill all 4 and the longbow immediately around city hall to complete the mission. Completing the mish gives you the annihilator badge, part of the Marshall accolade.

Mission 4: Assault vindicators base

v longbow, major opponents Swan, Malaise, Luminary, Mynx, Valkyrie (all in one room), Ms Liberty separately. Again we pulled these singly in the order listed and had no issues till we got Mynx and Valkyrie together. Getting organised, popping an load of purples and concentrating on Mynx got that job done. Then putting Valkyrie down once, letting her MoG and running till it went down then returning sorted her. When you get to Ms Liberty, remember to use the temp item you got from the Malta on her.

Mission 5: Defeat Statesman and Freedom Phalanx

v longbow, major opponents Statesman, Synapse, Positron, Manticore, BAB, Sister Psyche, Citadel, Numina (Ms Liberty is there, but from cut scene, suspect is a corpse). All 8 are in front of city hall in Atlas. I don't think you can pull these, whenever we pulled one or two, all the others turned up maybe 10-15 seconds later.

What I think you have to do is for everybody to load up with 15 or so purples, pop 5, and all charge the same one, refresh the purples as required and just single mindedly fight the one till it's dead, restock insps, rinse, repeat. Probably best to start with the squishiest and work up. It is important to keep hits topped up to full as several of them can one shot even the brutes, so you need to give the one shot prevention code a chance to work as you won't be hit that often.

Steve AKA monochrome AKA minotaur

PS this was posted originally on the NTF forums but is not available to everybody so I've reposted it here

PPS They've now fixed the exploit listed here, so the last mission will spawn with 54s whatever you do
« Last Edit: 3 August 2006, 07:27:56 pm by Monochrome »

Forlorn Hope  |  City of Heroes\Villians  |  General CoX Discussion  |  General City of Villains Discussion  |  Topic: Guide to lord recluse SF

gfxgfx
gfx gfx