gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
7155 Posts in 927 Topics by 28 Members - Latest Member: Dog Star 19 May 2024, 01:51:04 pm
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Forlorn Hope  |  Announcements  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Everything forlorn-hope.org
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Everything forlorn-hope.org  (Read 2000 times)

Zombieman

• Administrator
  • Proconsul
  • Web Site Owner
Everything forlorn-hope.org
« on: 18 April 2006, 02:11:34 pm »
Just as a warning...

The hosting company I use for forlorn-hope.org (and some other bits and pieces) is now under new ownership.

Judging by the "form letter" I've received via email saying "we will need you to be involved in the migration of your site" it is possible that there may be periods in the coming weeks/months when forlorn-hope.org is unavailable or "flaky" (it's all due to start somewhen in May)

On the other hand the changes might NOT be noticeable, and future notices from the company may mean I can fix things BEFORE they break.

So in short if you notice anything bizarre or you get errors then it's more than likely I'll already know and will be fixing things as soon as I can.

"Don't panic Mr Mannering!!!"   ;D

ZM 8)
What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.
The best way to accelerate a PC is at 9.8m/sec/sec.

Zombieman

• Administrator
  • Proconsul
  • Web Site Owner
Re: Everything forlorn-hope.org
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2006, 08:01:03 pm »
Oh yeah my web space quota and bandwidth allowance is going up in the process  ;D

Watch this space.....

Zombieman

• Administrator
  • Proconsul
  • Web Site Owner
Re: Everything forlorn-hope.org
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2006, 08:06:12 pm »
I now know a bit more about the changes, and without going into any detail I will at some point need to take the forum software "offline" temporarily so as not to lose anything. The gallery too for that matter.

With a bit of luck the time spent offline will be minimal, and if we're really lucky some of you may not even notice any downtime.

Could potentially be some time away though as the hosting provider will be moving each and every site individually (they expect to spend months handling all their customers over to the new servers)

P.S. The hosting was previously based in Los Angeles, California (west coast, GMT -8) and under new ownership the new hosting platform will be in Waltham, Massachusetts (east coast, GMT -5).

On a side note can I please remind everyone that I pay for the domain and hosting myself, and whilst I don't ask for or even expect donations or spontaneous eruptions of gratitude for providing this service (though at this point I'd like to say I'm extremely grateful for Naaman's help within the forum), I do expect everyone to "play nice" and obey a little common sense and employ a certain level of etiquette.

And on the whole this works out very well, which is handy because I don't like hammering out rules and regulations (which often read like a list of prohibitions, and no-one likes being told they're not allowed to do anything).

Take heed of this and I'll be a happy "ZM"..........   And I won't need to put anyone in that Yogi suit....  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 5 June 2006, 09:30:06 am by Zombieman »

Forlorn Hope  |  Announcements  |  Announcements  |  Topic: Everything forlorn-hope.org

gfxgfx
gfx gfx